Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday, November 7, 2008 - Preparation Day


Quote of the Day: Don’t have one as this is the very first day journaling.

Breakfast – Unknown

My first visit to Dr. G. went extremely well and I felt that it was very productive. Dr. G. is a naturopath in the area where I live and I felt it very important to do this the right way. I had heard great things about her and have hope all will go well. Funny thing is that I had found her first, referred other people and they are the ones who have told me just how great she is. For me, she gave me a whole laundry list of things and I did manage to go shopping to load up on a lot of fresh foods: veggies, lean meats and fruits. I had really wanted to cook myself but I had a lunch date with a friend Kim T. Afterwards, I was really tired and took a nap. Kim T. and I talked about our possible new place and I’m still not convinced just yet.

Still, I purchased this journal and decided to start today as far as journaling goes. For the food journal, I think I’ll do it as I go meaning meal-journal, meal-journal. I also wanted to start cook in the evenings more if I can ever get my kitchen back. Sigh. Right now the chef, my DH – Gordon, loves it too much to really give it up. I will get there. I even plan to start a blog regarding the whole journey.

Lunch
– This was at the local Golf Course. Salad w/Balsamic & Oil, Linguine w/chicken breast in cream tomato cilantro sauce (last fling), water & coffe.

Food was great and company fine. Told Kim T. about my visit to Dr. G. Talked about a lot of things, some good, some bad.

Dinner – Stir-fry veggies and chicken breast, 1 liter water

Wanted to do the cooking but the DH did it as usual. Will need to have it started before he comes home. The 16yo, Kyle, wants fast food yet again. IMHO pretty horrible for a diabetic yet he did say something about a taco salad.

Read email and enjoyed my favorite sci-fi shows on the Sci-Fi Channel. I love all the tech stuff – it gives me great ideas for my own stories.

Snacks
– 2 apples

Steps – don’t know because I didn’t wear the pedometer today

Exercise – 25 minutes (8:50 to 9:15 p)

Journal

Okay – so I haven’t done any consistent walking recently – just hit and miss. Boy! Can I feel this one! It really hit me just how big my butt and stomach are right now. My lower back and hip joints weren’t happy although I personally feel good. I plan to continue to do this because the long term benefits are worth it.

Took supplements before I went to bed.

Hope this helps some of you struggling as well!

Lynn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Goals

My weight loss goals are simple. A pound a week is all I want to lose. If I lose more, great!

Popular Posts

Featured Posts