Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day #3 With HCG


Okay, here I am with day #3 and I’m not quite sure what to make of it. Yes, it’s a very low calorie diet but so far, so good.

I started the day with the drops, a couple of coffee or two and the ever present apple. Again, there is some controversy about what fruits you can and can’t have. I’m sticking to apples because I have a lot of them from an orchard but apparently, you can also do an orange or two handfuls of strawberries. So one has some choices.

Oh, and I stepped on the scale today. Another pound. I really don’t get it but it’s working and I’ll keep going. After all, it is only day three and like I had said at the beginning as well as to my husband, I can do anything for thirty days. It was either the weight or my sanity. Guess what won.

For lunch, I have a salad with my four ounces of chicken. I load it up with onions, broccoli and cumcumbers for a nice large meal. The one thing I can’t do is not to have some flavoring on it. So I do something they will tell you is a strict no-no. I pull out my Newman’s Own Balsamic salad dressing and take the two tablespoon serving, add an equal amount of water on it and bang. I have enough flavor for a huge salad.

I’ve heard of where people get really irritable with this type of diet. So far, so good for me. I seem to be full all the time as I could not find any portion limits on things like lettuce. I know I haven’t been hungry nor grumpy. I’m sure it will come because I have been known to be very grumpy when deprived of my favorite foods. But then again, doesn’t everyone do that? LOL!

Now, for dinner, I basically have the same thing. I won’t mind this for a few days. I think. It will wear off soon as I love meat and potatoes and lots of veggies. Sigh. I’m dreaming of food I can’t have. This isn’t good. LOL!

Talk to you all tomorrow as I move along this journey!

Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn,
    I love this blog :) I think I'm going to look into this for those 30 lbs I need to ditch. I'm not a very big eater at all but my addiction is Pepsi. A 2 liter bottle a day. I gave it up for lent one year and never even lost an ounce, go figure. But congrats on your 30 lb loss. Fantastic.
    Carol L.
    Lucky4750@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the 30lb weight loss. looking forward to more details of the journey during the month. what's the next step?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by Carol! Yeah, I had to totally give up soda and haven't really regretted it at all. I will have one every once in a while but mostly only water, tea or coffee from me.

    Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Elizabeth!

    Thanks for joining me here on this journey. Well, first, I'm just going to start getting into the swing of things. After all, they say if you can stick to something for 30 days it will become a habit. I'm going for the one week at a time thing myself. LOL!

    I figure this first week will be where I get exercise back into my life on a regular basis. Next week...I'll think about it closer to Sunday...LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss Goals

My weight loss goals are simple. A pound a week is all I want to lose. If I lose more, great!

Popular Posts

Featured Posts