Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thursday, January 1, 2009 - Day 56


Quote of the Day: Nothing’s better than the wind at your back, the sun in front of you and your friends beside you. – Aaron Douglas Trimble

Breakfast – 2 eggs, 2 toast @ 10:45 am

I just had to have something different for breakfast today instead of my shake. I got the new Prevention (Feb 2009) yesterday and I want to start following some of the things in there. It’s exactly the kind of things that Dr. G. is getting me to do anyway so I feel that I can follow it easily.

Lunch – 1 cup of nuts, raisins and dark chocolate M&Ms

I really didn’t feel hungry at all and just got something I knew was good for me. I’m getting ready to go with Kristi to Target to get the DVD player for the guys. It will be really good finally and they won’t have to be using my computer to watch movies.

Dinner – 2 breadsticks, 2 bowls salad w/ Italian dressing, 2 bowls Zuppa Tuscano, 3 cups of coffee and one glass water (Olive Garden with family)

Yes, I was really hungry but I tempered the whole thing. I only ate until I was full and I didn’t over eat. Some people ate again an hour later while I just had a glass of water. I know I should have eaten more at lunch and then I wouldn’t have had so much here but the truth of the matter is I am following what my body was telling me. I’m not going to eat if I’m not hungry. Period. I think it’s wrong and sends an incorrect signal to my body. I need to eat only when I’m hungry and no other time.

Snacks – None…I really didn’t need any. LOL!

Steps – 3171

Exercise – Only walking around shopping. Nothing structured. I can’t wait until I get home and join a gym. I’m going to start checking them out on Wednesday. I’ll be busy on Monday.

Journal

I think that today was a great day to start the New Year. I really do think it went well and I was totally attuned to my body. One bad thing did happen and I was really, really sad. When I went to Fashion Bug to look at clothes since they were having a sale, I really wanted to get some pants. I need them as my big butt doesn’t seem to fit into the ones I have any more. But my SIL told me I really needed to try them on even though they were in my size. I thought she was nuts but it was something I decided to do. And boy…was I in for a shock! The size I normally wore didn’t fit! They came close and were really, really tight but just one wash and they would be out the window. I guess I really didn’t realize just how big my butt had gotten! I AM NOT GOING TO GET A BIGGER SIZE. NOPE WON’T DO IT!

I guess it is time to really, really start focusing on the things I want for my body. And a larger size isn’t one of them. If this wasn’t a wakeup call, I don’t know what is! It made me feel mad and sad all at once. How could I let this happen to me? Well, I can say no more. I am going to get thin if it’s the last thing I do. And I’m going to do it right.

With that in mind, I have decided to make this journal public and take it on a blog like I said when I first started this journey. There are many people who are helping me with this journey and I’m hoping this will help someone else. So, if you’re seeing this on the blog, you know I followed through! LOL!

Hope you have a great day tomorrow!

Lynn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Weight Loss Goals

My weight loss goals are simple. A pound a week is all I want to lose. If I lose more, great!

Popular Posts

Featured Posts